Using OneTopic Format for Units/Topics
What is OneTopic Format?
OneTopic Format is an adaptation of the standard Topics format that presents course sections in tabs rather than scrolling down the course page.
The default version of OneTopic displays the tabs along the top of the course page. Remote Learner developers modified the appearance of this format to display the tabs vertically.
Check out the interactive example using the tabs.
OneTopic format can be well used with the following types of courses:
- Courses with many sections (tabs reduce the scrolling)
- Tabs for each chapter of a textbook
- Tabs for topical units, each topic including lessons, assignments, quizzes, etc.
Before downloading the template, confirm that the Grid Format is available on your site.
- Navigate to Course administration ► Edit settings ► Course format ► Format to verify that OneTopic format appears in the dropdown menu
- If you do not see OneTopic format in the list, contact your site administrator or Account manager to have it installed
Download the OneTopic Format (Units) template.
This is a backup (.mbz) file for OneTopic Format course that includes placeholder text as a guide when setting up the course with your own content.
After downloading the backup file, use the following process to restore the template to your site:
- Navigate to Course administration ► Restore
- Within the Files area, upload the template file and click Restore
- Follow the step-by-step process for restoring the course