Course Completion Gas Gauge
The Course Completion Gas Gauge report shows the status of all users in a course. The gas gauge chart shows the percentage of students that have completed the course.
Report RequirementsThis report requires completion elements in the ELIS course. If a course/class doesn't have completion elements, the class data will not be included in this report.
Report FilterThe report filter has two fields, Course and Inactive. Neither field is required. To generate a report for every course on the site leave the Course field set to "any value". To generate a report for a specific course, select one from the Course drop down menu. Active users are always included in the report, including inactive users is optional.
The next image shows a Course Completion Gas Gauge report. The report is showing the status of all the users in the course and the percentage of those students that have completed the course.
Explanation of report data:
- Class -- the class instance the learner is enrolled in.
- Status --refers to the learner's completion status in the course. If the learner has met completion requirements for the course, his/her status will be marked as complete.
- Student -- the individual learners enrolled in the course. Selecting the learner's name will link to their ELIS user profile page.
- % Complete --This is the percent of completion elements that have been completed by the learner.
- # Complete -- This number represents the number of completion elements in the course that have been completed by the learner.
- Score -- Learner's current total percent grade in the course.
To change report options, click on the "Configure Parameters" icon located in the upper left corner of the report.
To schedule the report to run at specific time(s) in the future, select the "Schedule Reports" icon in the upper right corner of the report. For details on setting report parameters when scheduling reports, please see the report scheduling documentation.
The report can be exported in PDF or CSV format. To export the report, select either the "Download PDF" or "Download CSV" icons located in the upper left corner of the report. The report will download locally to your computer. When using Excel, values in the CSV export with a "/" can be mistaken for dates. For example, this report has a column for completion elements with the format 1/1, when the CSV export of this report is opened in Excel it may have the value of Jan 01. One solution is to turn off "auto date" detection for your spreadsheet application, if possible.
Report data can be updated automatically, without needing to go back to the report parameters, by clicking the "Refresh" button located at the bottom center of the report page.