LMS Checkout User Management Documentation
Account Creation Options
User accounts are required in order to purchase and enroll in live classes as well as online courses that are offered through a linked LMS. As such, those user accounts must first somehow be established within LMS Checkout. There are several options available that govern how user accounts are created.
When viewing the LMS Checkout administration panel, select the Users and Groups category of options within the main menu bar, and then select New User Form in the navigation menu along the left side of the page.
The following options are available:
- Activating Turn off Self-Registration will remove the Create Account link that is available on the main page of the storefront prior to a user signing in.
- Activating Turn off email and password validation fields will remove the secondary fields that are used to confirm the entries made for email and password.
- By default, passwords must have at least 8 characters and be a combination of digits, lower case letters, upper case letters and non alphanumeric characters. Activating Allow simple passwords removes the enforcement of most of those requirements, leaving only that the password must be at least 8 characters in length.
- Activating Enable password lockouts will open a dialog asking to indicate the number of incorrect password attempts allowed before the user account is locked.
- Activating Capture Billing Address has no direct effect on the user account creation process. Rather, it sets a flag on the user account that triggers the request for billing address information when the user initiates a purchase transaction via the storefront.
- Activating Capture Shipping Address has no direct effect on the user account creation process. Rather, it sets a flag on the user account that triggers the request for shipping address information when the user initiates a purchase transaction via the storefront.
- Activating Show previously-completed required profile fields during checkout will display the values contained in all required profile fields during the checkout process of an LMS Checkout transaction.
If the store will offer physical products that require shipping, it is important to make sure that Capture Shipping Address is activated. Otherwise, there is no system check to confirm that a user has a shipping address recorded when purchasing a physical product from the store.